We are excited to launch the Costa Rica Miracle Network!
Each year, RE/MAX agents help hundreds of thousands of families buy or sell homes. But that is not all we do! We care about our communities and because of that, social responsibility is built into our businesses.
As a network, RE/MAX Costa Rica encourages each of our offices and agents to participate and experience the joy of being a part of something greater than ourselves through giving back to their communities.
Our global network includes over 140k agents and we can imagine what it would look like if even one of our agents and offices decided to make a positive impact on the world. We are committed to doing our part.
The RE/MAX Miracle Home™ and Miracle Property™ Program
RE/MAX Costa Rica Informational Handbook
RE/MAX is a company that cares about the communities where we live and work. For the past 48 years, RE/MAX Associates around the world have shown tremendous generosity in support of their community, their industry, and each other. Thank you for your leadership in making RE/MAX the company that we are all so proud of today.
Since 1992, RE/MAX has been the official real estate partner of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals throughout the U.S. and Canada and during that time, we have impacted the lives of millions of children. Together, RE/MAX Associates have donated more than $170 million through the RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program (for Commercial real estate). The key to this success is that every dollar donated stays with the local CMN Hospital.
We are pleased to launch the RE/MAX Miracle Home™ and Miracle Property™ program in Costa Rica! The program can be implemented for use in your own community to support local programs that carry on the tradition of RE/MAX taking care of our communities.
Please note: The Global Edition of the RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program is not affiliated with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and is designed to support causes that are important to you.
The “Miracle” takes place when a RE/MAX Associate provides financial support to a local cause, on behalf of their client, following a closed transaction of a real estate property (residential or commercial). All the information to get started to impact your community can be found below!
Let’s Get Started
The first step is to review this guidebook which provides information on qualifications and best practices for a successful program in your region. The second step is to complete the RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program Application form included at the end of this packet and send it to RE/MAX Costa Rica for review and approval.
Please send the completed form to: April.email@example.com
Qualifying offices will then receive a digital file package with the official program logos, messaging, and policies. The package will also include a supplement to the RE/MAX Brand Identity: Trademark and Graphic Standards manual including requirements for using the program trademarks in your local office.
Upon approval for the program, you may begin using the Miracle Home and Miracle Property trademarks and the other logos associated with the program and allow agents in your approved office to use them as well, as part of your local program. Your use of the program trademarks is governed by your Franchise Agreement.
Participating offices will be responsible for managing all aspects of their local office’s program, including making applications for the chosen charitable organizations, all business operations, donations, and adherence to any applicable local laws and regulations, including laws and regulations regarding charities and fund-raising programs. The monies raised through each transaction should be deposited directly to the local sponsored program. A record of all transactions made by agents, the office, and clients is to be kept by each office and submitted annually to the Regional office. Each office will also be responsible for ensuring that all participating RE/MAX Agents comply with the brand standards for the use of the program trademarks.
If you already have been supporting an organization or program in your community, please still fill out the application—and share with us more about the partnership you have established. We would love to hear more!
Thank you for being amazing leaders and together we will impact the lives of our Associates, our families, our friends, and our communities!
What is a RE/MAX Miracle Home or Miracle Property?
A RE/MAX Miracle Home can be any residential real estate property available for sale or lease that has been designated by a RE/MAX Agent to be a Miracle Home. Designating the residential property as a Miracle Home signifies that once the transaction is complete, the RE/MAX Agent will make a donation on behalf of the client to a cause or program that the Agent and/or local office supports (which has been pre-approved for the local office).
A RE/MAX Miracle Property can be any commercial real estate property available for sale or lease that has been designated by a RE/MAX Agent to be a Miracle Property. Designating the commercial property as a Miracle Property signifies that once the transaction is complete, the RE/MAX Agent will make a donation on behalf of the client to a cause or program that the Agent and/or local office supports. The client is also encouraged to make an additional donation to the program. Please note: Donations can be made after the sale of any home or property—not just designated Miracle Home properties!
The donation amount is entirely at the discretion of each individual Agent. Donations can be made on an individual basis or through the RE/MAX office if a collection program is in place. We recommend the equivalent of $10 – $25 USD for each donation.
The RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program logo and message may be used in Agent marketing, communications, and advertising related to their support of a local cause or program. We recommend individual RE/MAX Offices set up a program to encourage Agent participation in the RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program.
The generosity of RE/MAX Associates is known worldwide and the use of this phrase and logo on a global basis will further communicate to our clients that we not only care about our communities, but we take action and make a difference.
Offices with an Approved and Established Fund-Raising Program
The Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program encourage Agents to support a cause that will positively impact and improve their community. The program also provides the opportunity:
- To differentiate RE/MAX property listings in the marketplace.
- To create a special connection with clients – knowing the sale of their home or commercial property will help someone else
- To demonstrate the commitment that you and the RE/MAX brand have to the communities where we live and work
Regions and Agents may use the RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program logo and message if:
- An Agent lists a residential real estate property for sale or lease and designates the property as a “Miracle Home”
- An Agent lists a commercial real estate property for sale or lease and designates the property as a “Miracle Property”
- An Agent commits to making a financial donation to the selected Regional fund-raising program on behalf of their client
- An Agent represents a Buyer and commits a donation on behalf of the Buyer.
It is the responsibility of the local office to monitor and ensure proper use of the RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program trademarks.
RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program Best Practices
Steps to a Successful Program:
- Review the guidebook and note all your great ideas to market and promote the RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program throughout your community
- Complete and return the Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program Application (found at end of this guidebook) to RE/MAX Costa Rica: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon approval, you may begin using the Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program trademarks and the other logos associated with the program and allowing agents in your community to use them as well, as part of your local program. Your use of the program trademarks and your right to sublicense those trademarks to offices in your office is governed by your Franchise Agreement
- Create a communications and engagement plan for your local office and work with your charitable partner to determine activation plans, including events, tours, and recognition of supporting Agents
- Create custom marketing materials to tell the story of your local the RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program to clients and prospective Agents
- Select an Ambassador or contact person in your office for the program that can promote, encourage participation and communicate impact to all involved.
- Monitor and record the number of Miracle Homes and Miracle Properties bought and sold and the number of annual donations – and share your success!
- Please note that the actual dollar amount that is donated by the Agent is at their discretion and is NOT part of the transaction, but it is presented on behalf of a client
- Create a goal and keep score throughout the year. Agents love a challenge!
- The RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program runs on a continual basis and can be implemented throughout the year.
- We strongly recommend that donations are made on behalf of clients after a completed transaction and are not part of the actual real estate transaction. There may be local laws regarding donations in conjunction with a real estate transaction.
- A yearly financial and update report is to be sent to the CR office after the first of the year
It is important to find a cause that a majority of your Associates can participate in and support. There are no fees to participate in the program. Also, try to ensure that 100% of donations will go directly to the organization in your community where Agents make their donations.
The Region has full discretion to select and maintain programs with established charitable and/or community programs that meet the following criteria:
- The mission and goals of the organization align with the purpose of the RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property Program
- Organizations and relationships with RE/MAX project a positive image to the public
- The local office has fully reviewed policies, procedures, and disclosure of how donated funds are used to serve the community
Participating offices will be responsible for managing all aspects of the local program, including the selection of charitable organizations, all business operations, donations, and adherence to any local laws regarding charities and fund-raising programs.
Please ensure you know exactly how donated funds are used within the organization and we would recommend an annual audit to see how you are impacting the organization and how many people have been supported.
If at any time, you have questions about the program, please email us at: April.email@example.com
Additional Information to Support Your RE/MAX “Culture of Giving”
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Corporate social responsibility can mean different things to different people and businesses, but essentially it is a type of private business self-regulation that aims to contribute to societal goals of a philanthropic, activist, or charitable nature by engaging in or supporting volunteering and/or ethically oriented practices.
CSR programs can vary across businesses, but there are a few common initiatives:
- Direct giving to non-profit groups, such as a food bank, often in conjunction with volunteer efforts by employees and donations from the company.
- Commitments to ensure there is diversity in the company and that we serve all communities.
- A focus on reducing the company’s environmental footprint, through more efficient supply chains, recycling, reducing energy use, and other efforts.
- A commitment to support disaster relief programs, such as providing supplies and support for natural disaster victims.
A report by IO Sustainability and Babson College’s Lewis Institute for Social Innovation reviewed hundreds of CSR program studies and found that they can have a strong positive impact on market value and overall brand reputation, while also reducing risk for the company. The report noted that CSR programs have the potential to:
- Increase market value by up to 4-6%
- Reduce systemic risk by up to 4%
- Reduce the cost of debt by 40% or more
- Increase price premium by up to 20%
- Reduce staff turnover rate by 50%
The Value of Giving Back
One thing that is universal is – Consumers want to work with companies that are involved in the local community. RE/MAX is that company. We leverage the power and generosity of our network to help raise funds to support local programs. RE/MAX was built on a culture of giving. We are so fortunate in our professional lives and it is an honor when we can reach out to serve others.
When you encourage Agents to support a common cause, even small incremental donations can add up to make a tremendous impact on an organization. This takes minimal effort on their part and has the greatest potential for success. You can always plan 1-to 2 annual events to kick off a campaign or to celebrate your group’s achievement. A key to a successful program: 100% of your donation stays local and you can see the results!
This is a great way to honor your clients and include them in our role as a worldwide organization!
How to Find a Partner Organization
Begin your search for a charitable organization or a cause that resonates with your local RE/MAX Associates.
- Interview several groups and determine which one has a strong infrastructure to support you and your efforts
- Do you have a clear idea of what that organization does?
- Investigate the organization, and talk to other donors to determine exactly how much donated money goes directly to the cause versus money for administration and overhead.
- What can the organization do for RE/MAX?
- What other things is that organization connected to?
Researching an organization ensures you understand its role in the community, how donations are used and how its mission and goals align with RE/MAX.
Be Engaged at Every Level
Be visible to the facilities you support, provide tours, and even hold an event there. There may be business opportunities available as well.
Consumers want to work with companies that give back to their communities, so be diligent in getting the word out through marketing, personal promotion, advertising, and social media.
Find a program that your Agents are excited to support, implement a simple way for them to donate on behalf of each transaction, and celebrate and promote what you are doing to your customers, marketing base, in listing presentations, and RE/MAX sponsored events.
Consistent messaging and awareness is the key to a successful program.
We are available to consult with you to help you implement the RE/MAX Miracle Home and Miracle Property in your community! If at any time, you have questions about the program, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will make a difference!